Sunday, May 16, 2010

So many shoes!

I'm not terribly girly. I like dude things. Action movies. Leather. Batman. But if there is one thing that is very, very girly about me, it's my love of shoes. And when you think about it, there are very few style staples for lolita shoes. Sure the platforms, knee high laced up boots, rocking horses (that is an entirely other post, I'm afraid), tea parties, and mary janes are lovely in their own ways, but it's always so much more fun to see how other shoes mix with lolita! Obviously not every style of shoe works, but I thought I would share some of my favorites. I hope to make this a regular feature as well, since I'm always finding so many shoes I want!

I love mid-calf boots. Especially with a mid-calf length dress. The style is very reminiscent of a Victorian child's clothing, and is apparent in the costume design of Tim Burton's Alice. Pleaser makes a boot like this for a very nice price. I feel like these would look best with a classic coordinate, obviously because of the Victorian influence, but I also think they would look stunning with pirate or gothic!


One of my favorite pairs of shoes right now is my pair of oxford heels by Rampage! They are ankle high, have a large, flat heel, and are totally cute. They're also great for everyday wear, which is about as economical as you can get with shoes. These are nice for a casual-to-classic coordinate, but are also suited to kodona due to the masculine oxford style.

If you're more into brand shoes (which I am, but man that price tag is just not worth it for something that's gonna touch the gross city pavement), here's an incredibly cute pair of shoes by BABY the Stars Shine Bright! These are styled wonderfully for summer, with open, airy sides and a fun polka dot pattern. And while I think the black and pink are cute, the red just takes it for me, since they match my favorite bathing suit.

But I gotta say, these are the shoes I want the most right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment